Basic Online Security Practices
- Education is Key – Train your employees
- Secure your computer and networks
- Limit Administrative Rights -Do not allow employees to install any software without receiving prior approval.
- Install and Maintain Spam Filters
- Surf the Internet carefully
- Install & maintain real-time anti-virus & anti-spyware desktop firewall & malware detection & removal software. Use these tools regularly to scan your computer. Allow for automatic updates and scheduled scans.
- Install routers and firewalls to prevent unauthorized access to your computer or network. Change the default passwords on all network devices.
- Install security updates to operating systems and all applications as they become available.
- Block Pop-Ups
- Do not open attachments from e-mail -Be on the alert for suspicious email
- Do not use public Internet access points
- Reconcile Accounts Daily
- Note any changes in the performance of your computer Dramatic loss of speed, computer locks up, unexpected rebooting, unusual popups, etc.
- Make sure that your employees know how and to whom to report suspicious activity to at your Company & the Bank
Contact the Bank if you:
>Suspect a Fraudulent Transaction
>If you are trying to process an Online Wire or ACH Batch & you receive a maintenance page.
>If you receive an email claiming to be from the Bank and it is requesting personal/company information.